Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Wewease the secwet weapon!!!

Ahhh, callbacks. I have reached the part of the interview season where my firmie friends fly me out to their firm to meet 6 or 7 attorneys and find out if we are a good personality fit for each other. If OCI was like speed dating, this is the like the third date. To quote a friend- who was actually speaking of the callback process- "we aren't ready to sleep together, but I might consider getting handsy on the couch after a glass of wine."

This week I am in Chicago, looking at about 5 firms. Last week I was in another city, which shall remain regionless, when I encountered the following: "Wewease the secwet weapon!!!" Ok, no one I was talking to at the firm actually said that, but they might as well have. One of the women who worked in the department I want had an accent/speech impediment/bizarre vocal tic that made her sound like Gussie Mausheimer from An American Tale. Do you know how difficult it is to ask intelligent questions and get a good sense of what a firm has to offer when you are humming "There are no cats in America?" Role play with a friend. You'll see what I mean.

1 comment:

Quirky said...

Write another entry! Who cares that you're busy with Ames? I need entertaining here.