Saturday, February 23, 2008

You say "problem" like it's a bad thing

My birthday and Valentine's Day fall one week apart, so each February I am inundated with cards from family and friends. This year, somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the cards I received for the two events referenced shoes. When I think birthday and V-day, I don't think shoes. But when people think of me, they obviously do. And I wondered. Do I have a shoe problem?

I like shoes. If you know me, you know it's true. I think shoes can really make the outfit. But they don't define me. Well, not when I define me, anyway. But what about when other people define me? Have smc and shoes become synonymous?

Here is my beloved shoe collection. There are 32 pairs, plus three pairs of flip flops (which I do not count as part of my collection).


You tell me. Is this weird? 32 pairs of shoes? How many do you have?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

17 pairs...
3 pairs of tennis shoes
1 pair Heelys
5 pairs dress boots
1 pair of hiking boots
2 pair black heels
1 pair white heels
1 pair navy heels
3 pairs sandals (black, white, brown)

...and two pairs of flip-flop like shoes and a pair of too-big aqua shoes, but I'm not counting those.

Survey says...you're a shoe freak. :-)