Saturday, April 30, 2005

Time and a Half

Saturday morning, and I'm about to head back to the office to finish up some work. I just had a vision of my future, I think. I don't mind so much, because Patrick is in NC for his buddy's wedding, and my saturday morning ritual usually involves getting breakfast and watching cartoons with him. The other reason I don't mind is that it's pure overtime. I may not make too much regularly, but I can really kill it on time and a half.

Tobey's urine is fine, which means she has started to pee on the bed for attention- or because she's just a bad kitty. I prefer to think the former, as she really is quite lovable- though admittedly a bit spastic. The vet recommends we schedule a behavior consult as soon as possible, but the vet only does those in the afternoon when I am at work, or saturdays. She couldn't this saturday (another reason I don't mind popping into work for a few hours), and I am going to Smyrna for Mel's college graduation next saturday. If I can swing it, I'll try leaving work an hour or so early next week and try to do one then. I do want to start training tobes in the way she should go asap, but there's not much I can do about their office hours.

Why is it that offices for things you have to do are only open during your work hours, and fun things and coffee shops are open at all hours? Makes it hard to put in an honest day's work, ya know?

Another question- Why do giant H2 Hummer's have "HUMMER" written across their side as if you wouldn't have been able to figure it out on your own? I was parked next to one at work yesterday, and I thought about sticking a note on it that said, "Ohhh, so THAT'S what kind of car you have. It was hard to tell from over here." You don't see me writing "COLLEGE CAR" on my '92 toyota, right next to where the ride side mirror should be, do you?

No comments: