Wednesday, March 26, 2008

ANOTHER joint degree? For me?

I couldn't make this stuff up.

My new graduation announcements arrived today. The Harvard Law School seal on the front looked promising, but no. The inside STILL says I am graduating from the business school. I called customer service (I'm thinking of adding them to my speed dial) and this time talked to the slightly-less-fair-than-Theresa Customer Service rep, Sarah. Sarah sounded annoyed that the re-order hadn't worked. Tell me about it, Sarah. You're not the one with 50 useless announcements and only 2 months until graduation (good thing I ordered them obscenely early).

There must be something I can do with these beautiful, but wrong, announcements. Perhaps I can cut out their embossed seals and use them for scrap-booking (I'll save you some, Mel, in case a page on my graduation makes it into your 2008 book). Maybe I'll turn them into confetti to toss around at the graduation bbq. Maybe I'll sew them into a charming little hat. A beret, perhaps?

Anyway, your suggestions are welcome. The paper isn't thick enough for custom, uber-preppy pogs, but I'm willing to try anything once.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um yes! You better save me a few. I will totally cut them up for my scrapbook pages of the trip because I'll want to keep any for real ones in tact!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea why that's not showing the real me. I think maybe I was still logged in for my google reader instead of as a blogger. Whatever. It was me. :)

Anonymous said...

Save them, Hon, and we'll put them under glass for coasters and other uber-preppy items. No good joint degree goes unused!